People encounter different types of relationships over the course of their lives. From being in a romantic relationship to having friends or a long-term partner, interpersonal relationships are important for people’s mental health. Understand that each relationship you engage in brings with it something fresh and a chance to grow.
Of course, there will be instances in those relationships when you will feel challenged, questioning whether the outcome is worth the effort. In this article, we provide some quotes to get you going. Some of the quotes indicated here can come in handy if you find yourself struggling to express your feelings in relationships.
Interesting Relationship Quotes
There are those relationship quotes that last in our memories, making us question our bonds.
Here are some incredible and thought-provoking quotes about relationships:
- “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coehlo
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- “Being married means I can fart and eat ice cream in bed.” – Brad Pitt
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allen Poe
- “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
- “A message to a friend: A wise man shared with me yesterday one word responsible for his 24 years of marriage. You know what that word was…forgiveness.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
- “A relationship where you can be weird together is your best choice.” — Paulo Coelho
- “No road is long with good company.” — Turkish Proverb
- “Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love, we call this stable management.” — George Morris
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner
- “You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won’t mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.” — C. JoyBell C.
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow — this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
Inspirational Relationship Quotes
Relationships help us remain healthy mentally by providing the social support we need to thrive.
Here are some amazing inspirational relationship quotes:
- “It’s enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.” – Gabriel Garcia Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
- “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
- “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Love is an endless act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you for hurting me.” – Beyoncé
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” – William James
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
- “Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” — Joseph F. Newton Men
- “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” — Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” — Albert Schweitzer
- “My experience is that the teachers we need most are the people we’re living with right now.” — Byron Katie
- “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other.” – Dave Willis
Romantic Relationship Quotes About Love
As we all know, romantic relationships may face numerous challenges, but they form an important aspect of our social wellbeing. Various people have come with quotes that summarize the nature of relationships.
Here are some amazing romantic relationship quotes:
- “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
- “It’s always better when we’re together.” – Jack Johnson
- “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
- “You know it’s true. Everything I do, I do it for you.” – Bryan Adams
- “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “What’s broken can be mended, what’s hurt can be healed. No matter how dark it gets, the sun’s gonna rise again.” – Meredith Grey
- “True love is singing karaoke ‘Under Pressure’ and letting the other person sing the Freddie Mercury part.” – Mindy Kaling
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
- “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” – John Lennon
- “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” — Swedish Proverb
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
- “Love is at the root of everything. All learning. All parenting. All relationships. Love, or the lack of it.” — Fred Rogers
- “Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” —Karl Menninger
Whether romantic or platonic, every relationship requires effort and communication. Use the quotes highlighted in this article for inspiration. They can also be useful if you want to communicate how you feel to a significant other.
Kate has a B.S. in Psychology and M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University and has worked in healthcare since 2017. She primarily treated depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and grief, as well as identity, relationship and adjustment issues. Her clinical experience has focused on individual and group counseling, emergency counseling and outreach.Read more